* Millions of years before the glove of Darth Vader is found there, the Valley of the Giant Oysters, the basis for the Calamarian Knowledge Banks, is formed on the planet Mon Calamari. Show More
* An asteroid collides with the planet Vinsoth, killing most life on its surface. The remaining survivors eventually evolve into the Chevin species. Show More
SOURCES Show More
* An ancient aquatic civilization thrives on the planet Jerrilek, but eventually goes extinct in the following millennia.
* The semi-intelligent ancestors to the Gorothites emerge on Goroth Prime.
SOURCES Show More
The Zhell, the early ancestors of the Human species, battles the Taung species for control of their mutual homeworld Notron (later known as Coruscant). Despite a loss at the city of Great Zhell that inspires the epic poem Dha Werda Verda, the Battalions of Zhell succeed in driving the Taung offworld. Show More
SOURCES Show More
* The Celestials accomplish a number of feats: the construction of Centerpoint Station using the Killiks, the subsequent construction of the Corellian system using Centerpoint, the Vultar system and its Cosmic Turbine, the Hapes Cluster, and the Kathol Rift. The Maw black hole cluster was also constructed with Centerpoint during the Celestials’ era of power to contain the Force entity known as Abeloth. Show More
* The Columi species achieves interstellar spaceflight and surveys the “primitive” people of Duro and Notron, known by that point as Coruscant. However, they are disappointed by the developing Human and Duros civilizations and return to their homeworld of Columus in isolation.
* The Sharu expand out from the Rafa system and the Centrality, planting their indestructible pyramids on planets such as Aargau. However, the Sharu bury their cities and revert to a primitive state in an attempt to avoid the attention of the Celestials.
* The winged thrantcills are first recorded flying south for winter on Coruscant.
* The Muurshantre Extinction occurs, destroying the Taurannik Codex and scattering its remains.
SOURCES Show More
The Quake comes to an end as Quesh becomes geologically stable.
SOURCES Show More
* The few Kwa who remain on the Deep Core world of Tython have died out, and the Kwa as a whole have retreated to their homeworld of Dathomir in fear of the Rakata. The Kwa taught the Rakata how to use the Force, but conflict ensued when the Rakata tried to take the Kwa’s Infinity Gate technology.
* The Tho Yor—eight great pyramid starships scattered across the galaxy—activate, calling Force-sensitives to them. The pilgrims board the Tho Yor, which proceed to visit numerous worlds and acquire Force-sensitives of many species before traveling to the Deep Core world of Tython.
* The arrival of the Tho Yor at the ninth and largest Tho Yor is heralded by an enormous Force Storm, and the Tho Yor scatter their passengers across Tython. The Tythans soon form the Je’daii Order, a group of Force-users who strive for a balance between the light and dark sides of the Force which they know as Ashla and Bogan.
The Rakata, having developed technology powered by the dark side of the Force, establish an Infinite Empire that begins to expand throughout the Unknown Regions and into the western galaxy.
The central control system of the Infinite Empire’s terraforming computer on the planet Kashyyyk receives its last communication from its builders.
The terraforming computer on Kashyyyk malfunctions, causing a hyper-acceleration in the growth of the planet’s forests and giving rise to the enormous wroshyr trees.
* The Infinite Empire of the Rakata reaches its peak, spanning dozens of worlds across the galaxy. They annex the holdings of other spacefaring species such as the Gree and the Kwa.
* The Killiks of Alderaan attempt to invade the planet Korriban, but are repelled by the Sith species.
* The Killiks vanish from Alderaan, Alsakan and the galaxy at large, having been relocated to the Unknown Regions; modern scholars believe that the Celestials are responsible.
King Adas begins his reign over the Sith on Korriban.
* The Sith species on Korriban are visited by the Rakata of the Infinite Empire, but King Adas leads his people in driving the Rakata offworld after realizing they intend to conquer the planet.
* Korriban is devastated by the Rakatan attack, turning it into a wasteland and causing most Sith to relocate to the forested world of Ziost. Korriban becomes the species’ holy tombworld.
* Using Rakatan Force-driven hyperdrive technology, the Sith spread out among the planets of the Stygian Caldera, and the planet Tund becomes a place of exile for heretics among the Sith.
The Human natives of Coruscant begin to launch sublight sleeper ships over the next fifteen hundred years, seeding a number of worlds with Humans. These include Kuat, Metellos, Csilla, Alderaan, Koros Major, Rendili, and the Tion Cluster. The Humans also launch the Kuat Explorer, which colonizes the planet Alsakan.
* The Gossam Courivers, a group of Gossam explorers using the tumble hyperdrive, visit the planet Felucia and start a trend of Gossam colonization for the world.
* The Devaronian species also experiments with the tumble hyperdrive around this time.
* Human colonists arrive in the Tion Cluster on sleeper ships.
The Morodin species colonizes Varonat.
* Kuat has launched their own colonization ships and seeded Axum, Tepasi, and Humbarine with Humans.
* In the aftermath of the fourth in a series of devastating planetary conflicts, the early Nikto discover the M’dweshuu nova and form the religious Cult of M’dweshuu. The Cult quickly takes control of the entire planet of Kintan and rules for three decades.
* The Verpine species colonize the Roche system.
Queen Hadiya of Shikaakwa tried to conquer the whole Tython system, igniting the Despot War. She is killed at the Battle of Tython, ending the Despot War.
* The Force Wars on Tython begin between the followers of Ashla and the followers of Bogan.
* Tatooine was conquered by the Infinite Empire.
* The Infinite Empire launches a campaign of conquest against the Je’daii Order and the Settled Worlds.
* The Infinite Empire is struck by a mysterious plague that strips the Rakata of their ability to use the Force, prompting slave revolts across the galaxy and the Empire’s collapse.
* The Tionese nobleman Xer VIII is born around this time.
Xer VIII begins the Cronese Sweeps, the subjugation of pocket kingdoms around the Tion Hegemony.
Xer’s son Xim takes the throne of the Kingdom of Cron, and he begins a campaign to conquer the Livien League.
Xim the Despot begins to expand his kingdom, having conquered the Livien League and the Tion Cluster.
Xim begins to absorb the Thanium Worlds.
Xim’s empire begins to flourish in the Tion Cluster.
Xim begins to conquer the Kiirium Reaches to the southwest of his empire.
Xim’s conquest of the Thanium Worlds comes to a close.
Xim attacks the planet of Ko Vari, instigating a conflict between Xim and the Hutts.
* The conflict between Xim and the Hutts reaches its peak; Kossak Inijic Ar’durv lures Xim into fighting the First and Second Battles of Vontor.
* Kossak convinces the Klatooinians, Nikto, and Vodran species to sign the Treaty of Vontor, securing their allegiance and their aid in the Third Battle of Vontor.
* Xim is captured at Vontor and imprisoned in Kossak’s dungeons on Varl, though the Tionese are unware of Xim’s survival.
* Borte Belgoth is commissioned to construct a set of hyperspace beacons, one of which becomes known as Belgoth’s Beacon. Belgoth’s Beacon bears the faces of a Columi, a cacodemon, and a molator, and sits along the Perlemian Trade Route.
Xim’s empire completes the conquest of the Kiirium Reaches, despite the loss of its ruler.